Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Steve Fontana Calls Out Opponent On False And Misleading Claims – 34th State Senate District Race

image

October 29, 2012
Steve Fontana Calls Out Opponent On False And Misleading Claims

Steve Fontana today called out his opponent, Len Fasano, for making false and misleading claims relating to Wallingford Electric in an effort to scare voters. “Len Fasano apparently has decided that his only chance of winning this election for State Senate is to make false and misleading claims about me,” Fontana said. “I don’t know how else to explain his decision, in a recent campaign mailing, to say something about me that he knows is simply not true.”

“His campaign mailer claims, without a shred of evidence, that I’ve taken some sort of position on Wallingford Electric’s autonomy. Len Fasano is simply wrong,” Fontana said. “I DO NOT support any changes in Wallingford Electric’s structure or governance and I’ve never said at any time that I do. I challenge Len Fasano to provide evidence to the contrary.”

“What’s more, people who've worked with me on energy issues, like State Representative Mary Mushinsky, know the truth: I think Wallingford Electric does an excellent job, should be independent and remain so,” Fontana added. “I’ve never made a statement otherwise and Len Fasano should know better.”

“By taking this route, Len Fasano has demonstrated an inability to be truthful with the voters at a critical juncture in this campaign, and I believe that they will take notice,” Fontana pointed out. “If you make claims in a campaign mailing that your opponent ‘wants’ or ‘believes’ something, you ought to be able to prove that he actually does. Len Fasano isn’t entitled to make claims about me by turning a position on one issue into a position on another issue. That’s just making stuff up in an effort to mislead voters before an election, and that’s exactly what Len
Fasano’s doing.”

Fontana concluded, “It’s too bad that Len Fasano’s campaign has sunken so low that he needs to make up things about me in an effort to scare people into voting for him. More than anything, voters want the facts on what we will do if they elect us, and we should be doing everything as candidates to provide them with those facts, rather than engage in last-minute scare tactics.”

Steve Fontana is running for State Senator for the 34th District, which includes all or part of the towns of Wallingford, East Haven, North Haven, and Durham. He served as North Haven’s State Representative from 1997 to 2011.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Call Steve Fontana at (203) 234-2240 for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment